PRECONDITION: This particular wine cannot be produced every year. That’s a choice we make depending on the wine vintage, the grape quantity, the grape quality and – first of all – Danilo’s wise opinion.
- VINE VARIETY: 100% Petit Rouge, but 70% are younger vineyards (about 20 years, made by us) and 30% are older ones (made by the village elders about 70 years ago; now we rent it)
- VINIFICATION: Traditional method including temperature check during the alcoholic fermentation in steel tanks
- AGING: At least 10 months, mostly in steel tanks but a small part stays in barrels for a little while
- BOTTLING: August-September
- COLOUR: Intense ruby red
- FRAGRANCES: Fresh aroma, fruit such as plums, strawberries, currants, and floral scent too. There are also spices and vanilla scents due to the little stay in barrels
- HOE DOES IT TASTE: Torrette Superieur is a well-structured wine, very easy to appreciate even if after a small aging. The fragrances immediately fill not only the nose but also the palate. Soft and full-bodied, this wine can also bring you some bakery and Christmas memories with its sweet and spicy touch.
- AT THE TABLE: Great with some heavy first course like, for example, lasagna. Also excellent with red meat and typical mountain dishes from Valle d’Aosta tradition
- CLASSIFICATION: D.O.P.
- ALCOHOLIC CONTENT: 14 %
- BOTTLE QUANTITY: About 3000
- BOTTLE SIZE: 0.75 l